Terms and Conditions
Course registration and duration
- The course duration is not strictly limited, as it depends on the student’s intention to progress. The students register for a minimum course duration of 2 (two) months. Alternatively, a student might register for a single lesson session, for which higher fee applies.
- Registration of the student with a confirmed lesson time slot is considered complete only upon full payment of all the required fees.
- Upon registration, the students pay the registration fee, the course fee for the first month and a deposit, equal to one month’s fee. The deposit will offset the fee for the last month of the course.
- The students could terminate their courses, after the second month of the course, for which the student should give one month notice to the Musical Studio in writing. The deposit must be used from the start of the respective month. Students are not allowed to suspend their attendance for any period of time (e.g. one or two months).
- The School reserves the right to transfer students, combine or dissolve a class.
- 50% deposit upon confirmation of the time-slot by Musical Studio.
- Balance of first-month course fees, registration fees (currently $35) and the deposit (equal to 1 month’s fees is to be offset the last month of the course fees) to be paid before the first lesson.
- Registration of the student with a confirmed lesson time-slot is considered complete upon full payment of all the required fees.
- Subsequent course fees shall be paid within the first school week of each month (according to the school calendar) and prior to the first lesson for the month.
- Fees paid are not refundable or transferable.
- The school encourages the students to register for a continuous course. The fees, stated in the School Fees apply to students, who attend courses on monthly basis.
- Students, who wish to register for a single lesson, have to pay fees, as stated in the School Fees is One-off/trial. The fee must be paid at least 24 hours before the day of the lesson.
- The students attend lessons once/twice a week, depending on their courses and arrangement with the office.
2.. All lessons are conducted according to the school calendar.
- The students are allowed to reschedule up to a maximum of 3 (three) lessons per year for individual courses and it is subject to the time availability of the teachers. Every teacher will announce his/her available time slots for replacement lessons. However, a teacher may not teach make up classes for more than 150 min per week. All replacement lessons are to be consumed within four weeks from the date of the missed lesson.
- Students, who want to reschedule lesson(s), have to complete and submit Rescheduling of Lesson Form to Musical Art Studio office or send an e-mail at least 48 hours before the lesson.
- Students, who are absent due to sickness, do not need to submit any Rescheduling of Lesson Form or send e-mail, but they have to inform the teacher or the officer by SMS or phone call as soon as possible and provide Medical Certificate upon request for replacement lesson. However, the arrangement will still be in accordance with Paragraph 3.
- There will not be any additional replacement lesson if the student fails to attend an arranged replacement lesson for whatever reason.
- If a teacher is absent, the teacher will arrange a replacement lesson or the School will arrange a relief teacher to take over the class.
Public Holidays and School Holidays
1.The School is closed during Public Holidays and School Holidays according to the School Calendar. The full monthly fees are still payable with no replacement lesson for the days off. There will be a total of 45 lessons per year. Upon registration, the student will collect a copy of the School Calendar, which is also available through the School website.
Examinations / Performances/ Photographing & Recordings
- The Principal of the School has the sole right and discretion to decide if a student is ready to sit for exams or to perform in a concert. The Principal’s decision is final.
- The School reserves the right to take pictures and audio/visual recordings of the students for use in publicity and promotional purposes.
- The School shall not be held responsible for any loss of property or injuries or mishaps in the School or travelling to and from the School.
- The students are expected to keep the Studio facilities and property clean and in usable condition. If a student causes damage to the property, he/she will be required to pay for the repair or replacement.
Terms & Conditions
The School reserves the right to change any of the above terms and conditionsÂ as and when it deems fit. The latest Terms & Conditions will be posted on the School’s notice board